Domaine Louis Latour covers 48 hectares of vineyard, including 27 hectares of Grand Cru, and is the largest holding of Grand Cru vineyards in Burgundy. The Domaine is centered in the village of Aloxe-Corton which has been the Latour's family home since the creation of the house. Their philosophy has always been to maximize the quality of grapes to produce great wines; 90% of the work is done in the vineyards however the remaining 10% is critical. The care and attention to detail seen in the vineyards are carried over into their winemaking where commitment to traditional and manual techniques brings out the absolute best in all of their wines.
Viognier was originally cultivated in the northern Côtes-du-Rhône. In the last quarter of the 20th century, it has become one of the most popular varieties worldwide after having almost disappeared previously. In 2007, Maison Louis Latour decided to make a wine of 100% Viognier. Their Viognier is planted on more sloping hillsides than the Chardonnay. The wine is produced from hand-picked grapes carefully vinified in Latour's Ardèche winery on the outskirts of the village of Alba-la-Romaine.
Tasting Notes:White Wine. 100% Viognier. A beautiful pale yellow color, the 2016 Viognier reveals an intense nose with subtle notes of apricot and honey. On the palate, this wine offers lovely notes of apricots and fresh almonds. Enjoy as an Aperitif or alongside Duck terrine with chestnuts, Seared Foie gras with apricots, or charcuterie!
***Free Shipping on 6 or more bottles of this wine***
bottles away from free shipping.