Certain places in the world are magnificent and impossible to forget. The route of La Strada del Prosecco in Vini dei Conegliano Valdobbiadene is one of them.
Established in Northern Italy, in Treviso, between Venice and the Dolomites, the region is considered a UNESCO World Heritage site. This region is an absolute paradise for food and wine lovers and anyone who admires Earth’s natural beauty!
La Strada del Prosecco comprises about 55 miles. This place is a significant territory for Italian viticulture since the first Enological school was founded in Conegliano in 1876. (To read more about the history of Bollicine, click here.) This region is filled with history, art, architecture, and many other surprises for those who love to explore.
In this “Ultimate Travel Guide to Prosecco”, you’ll discover what to eat, where to go, what to taste, and even where to sleep!
Let’s dig in!
Where to Eat
Food and wine are the region’s language. There is nothing like the joy of a good meal paired with a fabulous glass of Prosecco while gazing at the grandeur of the mountainous landscape.
Here are some excellent restaurants where you will enjoy delicious wine and food and incredible views:
- Trattoria alla Cima Valdobiadenne. Offering classic Venetian cuisine by Chef Isidoro Rebuli, this refined dining establishment with enchanting views has been around for over 50 years.
- Osteria La dolce vista Valdobiadenne. This typical Osteria is a more straightforward restaurant with fantastic food and a charming experience. If you want to taste genuine, local, comfortable and traditional Italian cuisine, this is the palace to go.
- Trattoria Dalla Marianna Valdobbiadene. The Dalla Mariana restaurant is located in the heart of Prosecco Valdobbiadene in Cartizze and offers traditional Venetian Food. Originally a convent, it became a cellar and later a tavern. Today, the style of the cuisine at Dalla Marianna is based on traditional dishes revisited in a modern way. They do a lot of seasonal dishes, and their specialty is grilled meat.
- Da Andretta Valdobiadenne (Restaurant and B&B). Established in a small hilly village in Cison di Valmarino this establishment has three generations of cooking and hospitality experience. It offers superb Food in a terrific location, gorgeous accommodations, and a lovely and delightful setting. The restaurant has some of the most refined traditional dishes of Treviso.
- Ca Piadera. At Ca Piadera, you can find various experiences, events, and activities. It is an agriturismo that owns a farm and a restaurant. They don't have a menu; however, they offer delicious food from their garden with seasonal ingredients daily—a delightful and intimate experience.
- Casa Guarnieri. A nineteenth-century stunning villa with an intimate and familiar atmosphere, Casa Guarnieri provides high-end accommodations and offers different types of activities. The elegant setting is perfect for groups or events. It’s a unique place that produces its wines.
- Ristorante Stella Alpina. This Classic Mountain Cuisine and Pizzeria in the area of Valdobbiadene. Its specialties are Treviso cuisine and delicious boards of cured meats and cheeses.
- Castelbrando. This is one of the most ancient castles in Europe and became a hotel. It has a sophisticated restaurant with incredible views of the vineyards. The castle is open for visits, and the restaurant is a nice place to enjoy a meal with a fantastic view.
- Hotel del Parco - Ristorante Loris. Hotel del Parco is located in the prestigious hills of Prosecco, surrounded by beautiful views of vineyards and nature. It is a good place for events. They also have a nice restaurant to enjoy good Venetian-style food.
- Locanda Ai Archi. This gorgeous restaurant is in an ancient village in the heart of Prosecco. It has excellent ambiance and outstanding dishes that mix food from the region with a modern twist on traditional dishes.
- Al Milani (Restaurant and Enoteca). This authentic brasserie offers delicious comfort food. It’s a chill restaurant with a relaxed ambiance and fun vibes. Dishes include sandwiches, burgers, and lasagna.
Where to Sleep?
Have you ever experienced waking up in an Italian agriturismo—a farm that offers a place to stay and meals prepared from food grown on the farm. You cannot miss the opportunity to stay at an agriturismo in the Prosecco region.
It’s an experience you’ll never forget that brings you closer to nature and culture. An agriturismo stay will make your experience in the Prosecco region even more wonderful. These are some agriturismos that will blow your mind:
- Agriturismo Althea. This old farmhouse from the mid-1700s is located in the middle of a fairytale land, surrounded by the vineyards of Conegliano Valdobbiadene. The farmhouse has been restored to give its guests the most wonderful experience. This gorgeous place to relax and spend some quality time offers kitchen service with delicious dishes of traditional food from Treviso.
- Agriturismo Al Credazzo. This farmhouse in Credazzo has been hosting guests for over thirty years. A lovely accommodation it has a relaxing area, cooking experiences, a wine shop, and tours to explore the area. They also offer a delightful kitchen where you can discover the culinary traditions and the local flavors in the setting of the hills of Alta Trevigiana.
- Agriturismo Crodi. The "Crod farm" owns "Osteria al Contadin" where you can try traditional Food and wine in an ancient atmosphere. Their farmhouse is located in the village of Combai between the hills that divide Valdobbiadene and Valmereno. This is where to stay if you enjoy nature excursions, mountain bikes, and cultural visits.
- Agriturismo Riva di Milan. It is a farmhouse on a small hill surrounded by vineyards in Prosecco Valdobbiadene Superiore D.O.C.G. They have a lovely restaurant on a gorgeous terrace where you can taste local traditional food in a charming environment. This B&B also has a winery where you can try delicious sparkling wines.
- Agriturismo Vidova. This elegant farmhouse has a fireplace, a lovely landscape view, nice spacious rooms, and a small rustic restaurant to try local traditional food. Perfect place for lunch, dinner, or a romantic time, it’s also an ideal location for celebrations.
- Albergo a i Pini. Located in the production area of Conegliano Valdobbiadene, this agriturismo offers spacious rooms with typical decoration in alpine style. They have a restaurant with traditional dishes from Treviso. Their winery, "Cenci Winery" produces wines with an Italian- Austrian influence. The place has been restored and has become a multifunctional area for hosting meetings, tastings, and even jazz concerts.
- Locanda Sandi. This peaceful location where you can enjoy a relaxing time has an excellent sense of hospitality. Their traditional accommodations are carefully detailed and offer a superb kitchen with exquisite Venetian seasonal cuisine. Additionally, they own "Villa Sandi," the winery where they produce their authentic selection of wines.
- Casa Oltraval. If you’re looking for elegant and comfortable rooms, this is the place. This building that dates back to 1800 is located in the hills of Prosecco Valdobbiadene. They offer visits to the winery la Tordera and plenty of extraordinary experiences.
- Castelbrando. One of the oldest Castles in Europe is now a superb hotel with delightful rooms and a spa inspired by ancient Roman baths. It has excellent restaurants and is an extraordinary place for wine tastings. It’s the ideal location if you are looking for a higher-end experience in the Prosecco region.
What to Do?
In between winery visits, take in some of the region’s other natural, historical, and cultural sites.
- Visit the Prosecco Ring. The Prosecco Ring is a range of routes and trails in the middle of nature, surrounded by hills, vineyards, wineries, hamlets, and woods. It is a great place to discover by bike, car, or hiking. The route is 9.2 miles, but there are many alternatives for different paths; you can choose whether 1.2, 3.1, 4.9, or 6.2 mile routes. It’s a perfect place for thrill seekers. Additionally, the hiking ring is famous for the local art “Vignarte,” Hand-made sculptures of chestnut poles set as head supports of the vines.
- Visit the Mollinetto Della Croda. This old mill currently works with the flow of the water of the Lierza River.
- Castle of San Salvatore. Visit this elegant mansion from the Renaissance that’s a special place for events.
- Castle of Susegna. This ancient Castle dates back to the 14th century. Refurbished in the 16th century, it’s still considered one of the largest fortified structures in Italy.
- San Pietro di Feletto. This ancient Roman church is known for the beauty of its frescoes.
- Castelbrando. Located between Cison di Valmarino and Follina, it’s a half an hour's drive from Valdobbiadene. Worth the detour, there is a lot of representative historical architecture that shows how the territory once was.
- Visit the City of Vittorio Veneto. This place is ideal for history lovers at the foothill of the Alps. Discover the "City of Victory." Named at the end of the Great War, you can find the Battle Museum in Piazza San Giovanni Paolo, which is dedicated as a tribute.
- Visit the Historical Centers Between Serravalle and Follina. This route is dedicated to the most important architectural places in the area.
- Take a Vespa Tour. Traveling by Vespa is one of the most popular and exciting Italian experiences anyone can have. Prosecco hills are just perfect for enjoying a ride! Just remember to drive slowly and only in sunny weather. The slippery roads can freeze.
Wineries to Visit
Visiting Valdobiadenne and not going to a winery is like going to the seaside and not swimming. Here is a list of some must-visit wineries that la Strada del Prosecco e Collii Conegliano Valdobiadenne recommends.
- Adami Spumanti. Adami Spumanti is a winery that has been producing Prosecco for over ninety years in different types and styles based on the diversity of every different hill. It is a historical winery and it offers different types of tours and tastings.
- Al Canevon. This family winery has been producing wine since 1970. They own three different ranges of sparkling wine collections, and they’re one of the wineries that make Prosecco Rosé. The winery has guided walking tours, bike tours, or horseback riding tours on their 40 hectares of vineyards located in the Conegliano Valdobbiadene DOCG hills.
- Alessandro Bortolin. This traditional and local winery has the most charming views of the vineyards of Valdobbiadene and the Asolo valley. It’s renowned for producing excellent quality wines. At Alessandro Bortolin they host tastings in a delightful tasting room where they take care of their guests offering cheeses and local products produced no further than one kilometer from the region. They also have a Bed and Breakfast for those who want to stay over the night.
- Bortomiol. This superb Wine & Art Farm family winery is designed to attract wine lovers and those who are interested in Prosecco Superiore DOCG wine. It's a perfect place for people who want to explore history and learn about organic vineyards, It’s a space that evokes magnificent sensations, with a touch of innovation, art, and design.
- Bisol. A 21-generation family winery, Bisol has been preserved to its most authentic expression. The winery has exquisite charm, strong tradition, and lots of history. They offer a nice collection of Prosecco from the Valdobbiadene region, each with its unique style.
- Cantina Colli del Soligo. A winery with over 60 years of history, this winery was founded with the union of 31 winemakers that shared the same passion: Prosecco. Today the winery has over 600 suppliers who work hard to produce high-quality wines that showcase the region´s territory and traditions. At Cantina Colli del Soligo there is a wine shop that offers a vast range of sparkling wines from Prosecco and other Italian regions.
- Il Follo. This agriturismo and winery is situated at the foothills of Cartizze, one of the top “Crus” for the production of Prosecco. The agriturismo holds five labels of different styles of Prosecco. It is a small and intimate place to enjoy a traditional and local experience. They also offer walking tours and city visits. For those looking to explore, this is a good place.
- La Tordera. This winery, located in the Valdebbiadenne Superiore DOCG production area, has over 100 years of history and traditions. They’re focused on sustainable agriculture. La Tordera was named after a bird called Tordera that often visited the Valdobiadenne site. At la Tordera, they have a wide variety of sparkling wines and offer different types of experiences and a beautiful B&B, Casa Oltraval, for those who want the whole experience.
- Val d'oca. The sustainable company was born in 1952 with initially 129 members, and today, they have the cooperation of 600 winemaking partners. Val d'Oca has a beautiful shop and Wine Center that can host great tastings where you can explore the mixture of traditional Venetian food with a wonderful oenological experience. (Must book in advance).
- Foss Marai. Foss Marai produces only Superiore Valdobbiadene DOCG. They respect nature and the earth’s rhythms to develop the best quality products. They offer exceptional experiences, tours of their cellars, and fantastic tastings where they explain to guests the production of their finest sparkling wines.
- De Riz. De Riz is a 25-plot vineyard with over 15 hectares. Their winemaking process is meticulous, guaranteeing exceptional quality wines. It is a sustainable environmental winery that follows strict procedures and protocols to follow nature's rhythm and respect the vines. They offer lovely tours and tastings where they explain the production methods of Prosecco Superiore.
- Riva dei Frati. Located in the heart of Prosecco Superiore, this 6-generation winery mixes traditional winemaking techniques with innovation, creating top-quality sparkling wines. They produce an exeptional selection of wines from Prosecco Valdobbiadene Cartizze Superiore to Prosecco Rosé. Additionally, they do tastings Saturday and Sunday with reservations.
Now you are all set! Don’t wait any longer. Visit, travel, breathe, taste a bottle of Prosecco, and experience Northern Italy. We can assure you that it will be one of the most fantastic adventures of your life!
Strada del Prosecco e Vini dei Colli Conegliano Valdobbiadene – Il sito ufficiale della prima
Strada del Vino
Prosecco Wine Tours - Visit Prosecco Italy
Unmissable experiences in the Prosecco Superiore Hills - Visit Veneto (visitproseccohills. it) https://visitproseccoitaly.com/tips-for-planning-wine-tasting-in-prosecco/
Big Hammer Wines
The wine experts at Big Hammer Wines taste thousands of wines every year from around the globe, looking for quality and value. This special offer reflects the passion we have for our clients.