About this wine
Here's the skinny: For the Cabernet lover, Washington State is where the value is.
This wine has it all:
- All-star winemaker; Check.
- 45 year-old vines; Check.
- Outstanding 2013 Vintage; Check.
- Well regarded Vineyard; Check.
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon with pure varietal expression; Check.
- Power, structure, black cherry notes and chocolate; Check.
- 35% Discount to BHW Subscribers; Check!
The inky colored 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Cold Creek Vineyard checks in as 100% Cabernet and saw 22 months in 64% French and American oak. Ripe, sexy, textured and with real density, it gives up lots of chocolate, caramelized plum, vanilla bean, and currant-like aromas and flavors. It has the texture to drink nicely even today, but I’m sure it will keep for at least a decade.
Winemaker Bob Bertheau is the driving force behind the incredible quality coming from this estate; impeccably made wines, large quantities and killer values are the name of the game here. ~ 92pts, WA
***Free Shipping on 6 bottles of this wine***