You must be 21 years or older to enter this site. By clicking Enter you verify that you are 21 years of age or older.or Exit
Shipping of our products is generally governed by our Terms & Conditions.
Free Shipping on Any 6 Bottles of in stock wines in the continental US. This does NOT include Bordeaux Futures items or special order wines.
1) We use Fedex and UPS to fulfill the majority of orders. If your shipping address is located in California, we may use Golden State Overnight (GSO) in lieu of Fedex or UPS. Typically, they will deliver to you within 2 business days. GSO offers a Saturday service too, if someone is available to sign for the package at your ship to address on Saturday. If you are outside California, we use either UPS or FEDEX, depending on the service area and their delivery schedule in your area.
2) You must be 21 years of age to order or receive alcoholic beverages from bighammerwines.com. Any shipments containing alcoholic beverages are sent with an "Adult Signature Required" sticker, and the common carrier that delivers our merchandise is required to ask and check for identification upon delivery. This means that you will have to be present at the time of delivery. Take note that the driver may be required to scan your ID to prove you are over 21.
This is from Fedex: "Please have your valid government-issued photo ID ready at the time of delivery. Effective 06/28/22 FedEx will introduce scanning technology that electronically captures the recipient’s first initial, last name, and automatically verifies that age requirements are met for shipments requiring an adult signature at delivery. The software does not record or store any
other personal data (e.g., driver's license number, birthdate, home address, etc.). Please visit fedex.com/idscanfor additional details.”
3) We ship by ground or air. Your order is automatically insured up to $100. If you require additional insurance, please contact us as this is available at a nominal charge. Please note that as is customary in the industry, this insurance does not cover weather damage. We will make efforts to advise you against shipping in extreme heat or cold weather. We offer free summer storage at our warehouse and can hold your order if you are traveling. If you place an order and want it to be held for any reason, you must email us as soon as you place your order to firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Please note that your shipping costs are estimated. Actual costs will be confirmed with you when your order is placed. If for some unforeseen reason our shipping estimate differs from the actual amount, we will contact you prior to shipping your order for your approval. We reserve the right to correct the shipping charge after the order is placed if necessary. Free shipping on 6 or more bottles in the continental US.
5) Given the signature requirement, we suggest shipping to a BUSINESS address whenever possible so that there is someone available to sign for the box. Alternatively, you may wish to ship to a Fedex store or a Walgreens if using Fedex as the courier or to a UPS store if using UPS. These locations will hold your order for you to pickup at your convenience for up to 5 business days.
6) Our overnight/next day air service has a cut-off time of 2:00 p.m PST. Therefore, if your order is received at our warehouse after 2:00 p.m. it will be processed the following day for overnight shipping the day after (Saturday excluded). If your order is needed urgently and it is received after 2:00 p.m., please email or call us and we'll do our best to meet your needs.
7) If you are ordering as a gift or attempt to ship to someone other than yourself/cardholder, we may require additional shipping information and verification that you are who you say you are. We also offer handwritten gift cards for a small fee.
8) As described in our Terms, we cannot control which method of shipping that you choose for shipment of your wines. Because we cannot control how you choose to ship your wines, among other things, we assume no liability and cannot be responsible for damage to wine (including, among other things, leakage or damaged corks) shipped during extreme or poor weather conditions.
9) If you are not located on the West Coast and you are making a substantial wine purchase, please consider shipping via overnight, 2 day or 3 day air, as the nominal additional cost will better protect your investment. When purchasing some of our limited edition wines, or our fine or rare wines, we strongly advise to use this type of shipping, and not to choose “ground shipping” generally, or during periods of extreme or poor weather.
10) Many states do not allow shipping from out of state. Bighammerwines.com will not ship to states that do not allow shipments from out of state retailers. It is the buyer's responsibility to verify you may receive wine shipments in your state. If you are interested in our products but live in a state with shipping restrictions, you may contact us to see if we can ship to an alternate address.
We do not ship to the following states:
*We do not do free shipping to Alaska or Hawaii, if you would like wine shipped here with shipping fees applied please email email@example.com
11. FedEx COVID-19 Policy: "As we continue to support the global supply chain, we’re committed to following recommended practices for keeping our customers and team members safe. We are keeping our team members informed about COVID-19, encouraging them to get vaccinated, providing them with the proper personal protective equipment and informing them of the importance of social distancing, a clean workspace and careful personal hygiene."
See more details here