About the Wine
The original Super Tuscan, Tignanello, is produced exclusively from a 140-acre vineyard site at Antinori’s Tignanello Estate which is planted between 1,150 and 1,312 feet above sea level.
• Tignanello was the first Sangiovese to be aged in small oak barrels, the first Italian red wine in modern times to use a non-traditional grape variety, Cabernet, in the blend and among the first Italian red wines made in Chianti with no white grapes.
• Tignanello was first vinified as a single-vineyard Chianti Classico wine in 1970.
• With the 1971 vintage, the wine was named Tignanello, and in 1975, white grapes were eliminated from the vineyard and the blend.
• Since the 1982 vintage, the vineyard and wine blend has been 80% Sangiovese, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Cabernet Franc.
• Tignanello is only bottled in favorable vintages and thus, was not produced in the 1972, 1973, 1974, 1976, 1984, 1992 and 2002 vintages.
Blend is 80% Sangiovese 15% Cabernet Sauvignon 5% Cabernet Franc
The 2015 Tignanello is an intense ruby red in color with purple highlights, with pleasant notes of red fruit and sweet spice on the nose. The palate is fresh and vibrant with supple and balanced tannins. The harmonious finish and aftertaste are long and persistent.
bottles away from free shipping.