Big Hammer Wines Named One of Top Entrepreneurial Companies
Buellton, CA – Big Hammer Wines, the most innovative online wine retailer in the U.S., is honored to be recognized by Inc. 5000 for 2018. Each year Inc. Magazine releases its Inc. 5000 list of top private companies, showcasing hallmarks of entrepreneurial success.
With a three-year growth rate of an astounding 467%, Big Hammer Wines had revenues in 2017 of $5MM. The company, founded in 2009, has an impressive direct-to-consumer (DTC) sales model and an online wholesale wine import and distribution company. It also has its own winery in Santa Barbara County, CA.
Greg Martellotto, owner of Big Hammer Wines, says: "It is an honor to be recognized among such creative and successful entrepreneurs. It serves to propel me to achieve even more in the future. Big Hammer Wines will continue to defy expectations and disrupt convention in the wine industry through ongoing innovation and service.”
Big Hammer Wines is integrating and improving the entire wine distribution channel by leveraging technology. This results in reduced inefficiencies and lower prices for businesses and consumers.
Founder and owner Greg Martellotto, an expert in all aspects of the wine trade, is an innovator and disruptor. He is adept at managing risk while generating both revenue and profits. He embodies each of the characteristics that Gallup defines as essential for successful entrepreneurs:
- Knowledge: deploying expertise to secure competitive advantage
- Delegation: assigning tasks, ensuring contribution and proactive collaboration
- Independence: getting the job done, managing every aspect of the organization
- Confidence: believing in yourself, knowing others, taking initiative
- Relationships: high social awareness, building mutually beneficial relationships
- Selling: speaking boldly on behalf of your organization, influencing people
- Risk: enjoying challenges, effectively managing and mitigating risk
- Determination: possessing tremendous work ethic, overcoming obstacles, undeterred by failure
- Profitability: establishing clear goals, measuring progress, a good judge of opportunities
- Disruption: constantly dreaming up new products, services and ideas
Big Hammer Wines offers both value and high-quality products. With its strong management team and unique competitive advantages, both businesses and consumers benefit.
ABOUT Big Hammer Wines
Since its launch in 2009, Big Hammer Wines has been committed to sourcing wines of exceptional quality and value, at every price point, from around the world and the U.S. Big Hammer Wines has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. in 2018.
Greg Martellotto, Owner
Big Hammer Wines